BOSTON TAX INSTITUTE, LTD.
201 OLD FARM ROAD
MILTON, MA 02186-3739
(617) 698 – 1833
FAX (617) 696 – 7577 FAX
PASSIVE ACTIVITIES FOR SS 469 & 1411
3.8% TAX ON NET INVESTMENT INCOME
GROUPING FOR PURPOSES OF SS 469 & 1411
REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS FOR SS 469 & 1411
TREATMENT OF RENTAL REAL ESTATE FOR THE 3.8% TAX
FINAL REPAIR/CAPITALIZATION/DISPOSITION REGULATIONS
The purpose of this letter is to announce our 2016 Fall Program! All of our seminars are designed to qualify for CPE credit under rules promulgated by the New England and NJ State Boards of Public Accountancy, and the Return Preparer Office in Washington, D.C. (federal tax seminars only). All of our 1-day seminars run from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (8:30 a.m. for registration, coffee, and pastry), are priced at $210 each, and are designed to help you obtain and retain your best closely-held business and individual clients. As a special inducement to register with us this fall, you can obtain 24 or 40 hours of CPE credit by registering for any three 1-day seminars for only $510 or for any five 1-day seminars for only $800, respectively. Please note that any grouping of 3 or 5 registrants qualifies for the reduced fees, that our ½-day seminars are priced at $160 each, and that two ½ day seminars on the same day are priced at $240 (not $320). Also, please note that our 2016 FASB/SSARS/SAS and Compilation & Review seminars qualify for Yellow Book. If you register for the 2016 FASB/SSARS/SAS Update or Compilation & Review, please add $36 to your registration fee to cover the extra cost of the extensive manual.
This fall, we are offering a 1/2 day seminar entitled Accounting Ethics (9:00am-12:30pm) in Seekonk on 12/8 and in Waltham on 12/9 which is intended to qualify for 4 credit hours of instruction on Ethics. Also, we are offering a 1/2 day seminar on Preparer Penalties/Circular 230/Form 8275 (9:00am-12:30pm) which is intended to qualify for 4 credit hours of instruction on Ethics (including Enrolled Agents and Registered Tax Return Preparers) and has been revised to include a discussion of the final regulations on preparer penalties, final regulations on Circular 230, and Form 8275. This seminar is a must for anybody preparing and signing federal income tax returns!
We are delighted to announce that the 2016 FASB/SSARS/SAS Update will be led by Steven Fustolo, CPA on 11/22 in Waltham and by Prof. John A. Armstrong, CPA on 11/10 in Randolph, 11/17 in Marlboro and 12/1 in Seekonk and that Prof. John A. Armstrong will be presenting Compilation & Review on 12/8 in Waltham.
Seminars will be presented at the following locations:
1. Hyatt house, Waltham, MA, 54 Fourth Avenue – Exit 27A off of Route 128
2. The Chateau Restaurant, Waltham, MA, 195 School Street – Take Route 20 East off of Route 128
3. Comfort Inn, Randolph, MA, 1374 North Main Street – Exit 5A off of Route 128
4. Lakeside Inn, Wakefield, MA, 595 North Avenue – Exit 39 off of Route 128
5. Holiday Inn, Marlboro, MA, 265 Lakeside Avenue – Exit 24A (Route 20) off of Route I-495
6. Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, W. Springfield, MA, 1080 Riverdale Street at I-91 – Exit 4 off of the MA Pike
7. Clarion Inn, Seekonk, MA, 940 Fall River Avenue – Exit 1 in MA off of Route 195
8. Holiday Inn, Hyannis, MA, 1127 Route 132 (Bearse Way / Iyannough Road)
9. Fireside Inn, Portland, ME, 81 Riverside Street – Exit 48 off of Route 95
10. Hampton Inn, White River Junction, VT, Route 5 South – Exit 11 off of Routes 89 & 91
Pages 2 and 3 list our dates and locations, pages 3 – 6 list our seminar descriptions, page 7 lists the Tentative Agenda for our 2-day seminars in January 2017, page 8 contains a List of Faculty, and page 9 has a Registration Form. All of our seminars have been updated to reflect recent tax legislation, and all of them come with a money-back guarantee in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the presentation. We expect our 2016 Fall Program to be very heavily attended, so please register early and avoid being closed out!