BOSTON TAX INSTITUTE, LTD.
201 OLD FARM ROAD
MILTON, MA 02186-3739
(617) 698 – 1833
FAX (617) 696 – 7577 FAX
SECTON 199A/20% QBI DEDUCTION/TCJA
INTERNATIONAL TAX FORMS COMPLIANCE
CASH METHOD & TAX ACCOUNTING STRATEGIES AFTER TCJA
INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE TAXATION AND THE NEW INTERNATIONAL TAX LAW
The purpose of this letter is to announce our 2018 Spring Program! All of our seminars are designed to qualify for CPE credit under rules promulgated by the New England and NJ State Boards of Public Accountancy, and the Return Preparer Office in Washington, D.C. (federal tax seminars only). All of our 1-day seminars run from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (8:30 a.m. for registration, coffee, etc.), are priced at $250 each, and are designed to help you obtain and retain your best closely-held business and individual clients. As a special inducement to register with us this fall, you can obtain 24 or 40 hours of CPE credit by registering for any three 1-day seminars for only $576 or for any five 1-day seminars for only $875, respectively. Please note that any grouping of 3 or 5 registrants qualifies for the reduced fees, that our ½-day seminars are priced at $175 each, that two ½ day seminars on the same day are priced at only $265 (not $350), and that Estate & Distribution Planning for Retirement Benefits is specially priced at $260 and cannot be combined with any other special pricing. Also, please note that our 2018 FASB/SSARS/SAS Update and Compilation & Review seminars qualify for the 80 hour requirement for Yellow Book and that Implementation of the New Federal Guidance for NFPs qualifies for 8 credit hours of instruction for Yellow Book. If you register for the 2018 FASB/SSARS/SAS Update or Compilation & Review, please add $36 to your registration fee to cover the extra cost of the extensive materials.
We are pleased to announce that our 2018 FASB/SSARS/SAS Update will be led by Prof. John A. Armstrong, CPA in all locations. Jack also will be presenting Compilation & Review on 6/26 in Randolph. We are pleased to offer several new 1-day seminars as follows: International Corporate Taxation and the New International Tax Law for Corporations and Individual Shareholders on 06/13, International Tax Forms Compliance on 06/22, New Federal Uniform Guidance for NFPs on 06/18, and Jobs Act & Tax Exempts/Form 990 on 06/25; and several new ½ day seminars as follows: Federal & State R&D Credits on 6/4; S105 HRAs, QSEHRAs, S125 FSAs & ERISA, HIPPA & ACA Compliance on 06/06; and Choice of Entity After TCJA on 6/7.
This Spring, we are offering a ½ day seminar entitled Accounting Ethics (9:00am-12:30pm) which is intended to qualify for 4 credit hours of instruction on Ethics. Also, we are offering a ½ day seminar on Preparer Penalties/Circular 230/Form 8275 (9:00am-12:30pm) which is intended to qualify for 4 credit hours of instruction on Ethics (including Enrolled Agents and Registered Tax Return Preparers) and has been revised to include a discussion of the final regulations on preparer penalties, final regulations on Circular 230, and Form 8275. This seminar is a must for anybody preparing and signing federal income tax returns!
Seminars will be presented at the following locations:
1. Hyatt house, Waltham, MA, 54 Fourth Avenue – Exit 27A off of Route 128
2. Comfort Inn, Randolph, MA, 1374 North Main Street – Exit 5A off of Route 128
3. Best Western Plus, Danvers, MA, 50 Dayton Street – Exit for Center Street off of Route 1
4. Holiday Inn, Marlboro, MA, 265 Lakeside Avenue – Exit 24A (Route 20) off of Route I-495
5. Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, W. Springfield, MA, 1080 Riverdale Street at I-91 – Exit 4 off of the MA Pike
6. Clarion Inn, Seekonk, MA, 940 Fall River Avenue – Exit 1 in MA off of Route 195
7. La Quinta Inn & Suites, Andover, MA, 131 River Road – Exit 45 off of Route 93
8. Hampton Inn & Suites, Plymouth, MA, 10 Plaza Way – Exit 7 off of Route 3
9. Holiday Inn, Hyannis, MA, 1127 Route 132 (Bearse Way / Iyannough Road)
10. Fireside Inn, Portland, ME, 81 Riverside Street – Exit 48 off of Route 95
11. Husson University Richard E. Dyke Center for Family Business, Bangor, ME, Exit 185 off of 95, then Husson Avenue
12. Fireside Inn & Suites, West Lebanon, NH, 25 Airport Road – Exit 20 off of Route 89
Page 2 & 3 list our dates and locations, pages 3 – 7 list our seminar descriptions, page 7 contains a List of Faculty, and page 8 has a Registration Form. All of our seminars have been updated to reflect the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and all of them come with a money-back guarantee in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the presentation. We expect our 2018 Spring Program to be very heavily attended, so please register early and avoid being closed out!