BOSTON TAX INSTITUTE, LTD.
201 OLD FARM ROAD
MILTON, MA 02186-3739
(617) 698 – 1833
FAX (617) 696 – 7577 FAX
SECTION 199A / 20% QBI DEDUCTION / TCJA
STRATEGIC TAX PLANNING AFTER TCJA
GROUPING FOR PURPOSES OF SS 469 & 1411
REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS FOR SS 469 & 1411
FORM 1040 PREPARATION WORKSHOP FOR MORE EXPERIENCED PREPARERS
The purpose of this letter is to announce our 2018 Fall Program! All of our seminars are designed to qualify for CPE credit under rules promulgated by the New England and NJ State Boards of Public Accountancy, and the Return Preparer Office in Washington, D.C. (federal tax seminars only). All of our 1-day seminars (except those in Portland which run from 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.) run from 9a.m. – 5p.m. (8:30a.m. for registration and coffee), are priced at $250 each, and are designed to help you obtain and retain your best closely-held business and individual clients. As a special inducement to register with us this fall, you can obtain 24 or 40 hours of CPE credit by registering for any three 1-day seminars for only $576 or for any five 1-day seminars for only $875, respectively. Please note that any grouping of 3 or 5 registrants qualifies for the reduced fees, that our ½-day seminars are priced at $175 each, and that two ½ day seminars on the same day are priced at $265 (not $350). Also, please note that our 2018 FASB/SSARS/SAS and Compilation & Review seminars qualify for the 80 hour requirement for Yellow Book. If you register for our 2018 FASB/SSARS/SAS Update or Compilation & Review, please add $36 to your registration fee to cover the extra cost of the extensive materials.
This fall, we are offering a ½ day seminar entitled Accounting Ethics on 12/7 in Seekonk (8:45am-12:15pm) and on 12/7 in Randolph (1:40pm-5:00pm) which is intended to qualify for 4 credit hours of instruction on Ethics. Please note that our ½ day seminar on Social Security is being offered on the same day and in the same locations as Accounting Ethics. Also, we are offering Section 179/Bonus/Recovery Periods/Repair/Capitalization led by Peter Birkholz, EA, MST on 8/29 in Portland, 11/7 in Seekonk, 11/20 in Marlboro, and 11/27 in Waltham, and Cash Method/Tax Accounting Strategies/TCJA & Changes in Methods of Accounting led by David Klemm, Esq. on 8/30 in Portland and 11/14 in Waltham.
We are delighted to announce that our 2018 FASB/SSARS/SAS Update will be led by Prof. John A. Armstrong, CPA on 11/09 in Marlboro, 11/15 in Seekonk, and 12/6 in Waltham and that Jack also will be presenting Compilation & Review on 11/29 in Waltham.
Seminars will be presented at the following locations:
1. Hyatt house, Waltham, MA, 54 Fourth Avenue – Exit 27A off of Route 128
2. The Chateau Restaurant, Waltham, MA, 195 School Street – Take Route 20 East off of Route 128
3. Comfort Inn, Randolph, MA, 1374 North Main Street – Exit 5A off of Route 128
4. Holiday Inn, Marlboro, MA, 265 Lakeside Avenue – Exit 24A (Route 20) off of Route I-495
5. Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, W. Springfield, MA, 1080 Riverdale Street at I-91 – Exit 4 off of the MA Pike
6. Clarion Inn, Seekonk, MA, 940 Fall River Avenue – Exit 1 in MA off of Route 195
7. LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Andover, MA, 131 River Road – Exit 45 off of Route 93
8. Holiday Inn, Hyannis, MA, 1127 Route 132 (Bearse Way / Iyannough Road)
9. Fireside Inn, Portland, ME, 81 Riverside Street – Exit 48 off of Route 95
10. Comfort Inn, White River Junction, VT, 56 Ralph Lehman Drive – Exit 11 off of Routes 89 & 91
Pages 2 and 3 list our dates and locations, pages 3 – 5 list our seminar descriptions, page 6 lists the Tentative Agenda for our 2-day seminars in January, page 7 contains a List of Faculty, and page 8 contains a Registration Form. All of our seminars have been updated to reflect the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and all of them come with a money-back guarantee in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the presentation. We expect our 2018 Fall Program to be very heavily attended, so please register early and avoid being closed out!